This is the oldest city in the Yucatan Peninsula. It is a place with a lot of history. It has exquisite architecture. You can visit its convent and chapels. It is a place that evokes a lot of history, and you can enjoy its tradition and beautiful colors.
When we visit this place, we enjoy it very much. There are many activities and areas of interest, you will not regret it.
What to do in Izamal?
- A walk through its streets and squares is an excellent option. You can see large houses and beautiful houses painted yellow and ochre. These colors were defined long ago by the government of Izamal to remember the history and past times. It’s an experience you’ll love, this place is terrific, and you’ll be able to enjoy quiet walks without any problems. You can also take a bike tour, another option that you will like very much.
- Visiting the convent of San Antonio de Padua is an exciting activity. It is a unique structure where the guides offer the tourists a story of the place’s history. It is really worth visiting.
- Climbing the Kinich-Kakmó pyramid is also an excellent option. The pyramid is not so high, and the tours are done at 6 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. It is a magical place where the guides share the pyramid’s history and the meaning of the name. When you are at the top, you can appreciate the beautiful landscapes and spectacular views.
- Visiting the cultural center is a real art. There you will find Mexican local art crafts and fabrics of very high quality. It is a very colorful place that makes its visitors happy.
- Izamal has an unparalleled gastronomic; you can enjoy Mexican food and enjoy the delicious flavors that Izamal offers.
The type of visit to Izamal is to rest, walk, appreciate its gastronomy, know its cultural richness, appreciate its magnificent colors, it is a place that you will love, and we are sure you will want to come back. Suppose you’re going to do more activities. In that case, we suggest you visit the national park, immerse yourself in the indigenous communities to get to know the culture of Izamal and everything this community has to offer.
We also suggest that you visit the cenotes and refresh yourself in an afternoon where you can rest and appreciate the crystalline waters.
In general, Izamal offers various types of activities for all tastes. You will have the opportunity to learn about its exciting history and culture, its beautiful colors, and the reason why the whole place is painted the same way. You will only understand this when you visit Izamal.
We hope that this guide will provide you with the necessary information for your next vacation. We are sure that it is a plan that you will love and that you will be able to appreciate each of the activities that we propose. The only thing is that you decide on the best activities according to your tastes and take the risk of choosing an unforgettable vacation.